Date(s) - Sep 28, 2016
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
LocationArthur Pursell Observatory
9242 Avenue 184
Tulare, CA 93274
LEARN THE NIGHT SKY THROUGH PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS
WHO: This class is designed for the beginning to advanced astronomy enthusiast that want to sharpen there observing skills and knowledge.
How Many: The class will only be offered if we have 10 people enrolled. Register you enrollment by clicking the booking link below.
WHAT: The class will work on the Astronomic League’s “Messier Binocular Observation Award”. After completing the class each participant will be more familiar with the night sky. TAA members may qualify for the Messier Binocular certificate and pin from the Astronomic League.
WHEN: The class will start on September 28th and run through June 3rd. It will be held on Wednesday evenings 7:30 to 9:00 PM. Dates are chosen based on club meetings and evenings when the moon is very low or not going to interfere with observing. Click link to view and print BINOCULAR CLASS
Where: Arthur Pursell Observatory. 9242 Avenue 184, Tulare, CA 93274
COST: Free to TAA members. (All family members can participate if member has a Family Membership.)
$50 fee for non members. Fee can be paid at the first meeting or become a member on line on or before Sept 27th.
What you need for the class
1. The class is free to all TAA members. There is a $50 charge for non members.
2. Each person must have a pair of binoculars. 7X50 binoculars is recommended. 7X35 may work but fainter objects will be harder to find.
3. “Sky Safari 5” phone app. The app is available for Apple, Android and Windows phones. It costs $2.99
4. Note book and pen to record you observations
5. Lawn chair to observe comfortably
6. Warm clothes
7. Red flashlight. No cell phone flash lights in the observing area.
Any Question select contact at the top of the page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
10 of 20 tickets still available.